[SR-Users] Soft phone Issue

Owais ul Haq owaisulhaq at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 07:40:06 CET 2014

Hello,

I have configured a kamailio server on my local network, gave it
 a dummy domain like "abcd.tk". I have a number of computers on my local
 network. I want to run eyebeam on them and connect to my kamailio
server. Server is running fine. When I try to connect Eyebeam to Server,
 it goes to DNS to find IP for "abcd.tk". I have entered the value
"192.168.1.10 = abcd.tk" in "hosts" file of all machines. File is
located at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts". On other hand, when I
 ping abcd.tk from client computers. They ping 192.168.1.10. So
Operating systems verify the entry "192.168.1.10 = abcd.tk", but problem
 lies with soft phones. I have tried X-Lite and Eyebeam.

How can I make softphone understand that abcd.tk = 192.168.1.10 and please go to this adress, not DNS ??

Help please :(

Regards,

Awais.