[SR-Users] Bizarre dialog profile tracking behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:21:31 CET 2014

Are you using the latest 4.1.x? There was a fix related to the counting
of the dialog in profile, by removing it from profiles when the call
gets to terminated state. The dialog is still kept for a bit in memory
after termination and was blocking new calls as the user appear to still
have another call in the same profile, although it was terminated.

I haven't checked commit logs, but iirc, quite some time ago someone
added the possibility to reuse the structure for authenticated dialogs,
but if you set the dialog in the profile for the second invite, then
should work.

On 11/03/14 17:47, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Something I should probably add:
>
> On 03/11/2014 10:28 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We've got an issue we've been trying to track for days with 'dialog',
>> where the dialogs go through the following life cycle:
>>
>> 1. INVITE -->
>> 2. <-- 407 challenge
>> 3. ACK -->
>> 4. INVITE -->
>> 5. <-- 100 Trying
>> 6. <-- 180 Ringing
>> 7. <-- 183 Session Progress
>> 8. <-- 200 OK
>> 9. ACK -->
>> 10. BYE -->
>> 11. <-- 200 OK
>
> The 407 challenge here is happening between the endpoints of the call;
> it is not being done by the proxy. The proxy relays the 407 response
> back to the caller, and the caller reoriginates the INVITE with
> credentials, and that's passed back up to the UAS.
>
> Aside from a different CSeq, these invites are the same. Would calling
> dlg_manage() on both of them (which sets the profile count to 2) cause
> them both to get deleted from the profile when the 407 challenge comes
> back and is ACK'd? I would think not, since we call dlg_manage() again
> when the INVITE with credentials is relayed.

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com