[SR-Users] Bizarre dialog profile tracking behaviour

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Mar 11 17:47:47 CET 2014

Something I should probably add:

On 03/11/2014 10:28 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've got an issue we've been trying to track for days with 'dialog',
> where the dialogs go through the following life cycle:
>
> 1. INVITE -->
> 2. <-- 407 challenge
> 3. ACK -->
> 4. INVITE -->
> 5. <-- 100 Trying
> 6. <-- 180 Ringing
> 7. <-- 183 Session Progress
> 8. <-- 200 OK
> 9. ACK -->
> 10. BYE -->
> 11. <-- 200 OK

The 407 challenge here is happening between the endpoints of the call;
it is not being done by the proxy. The proxy relays the 407 response
back to the caller, and the caller reoriginates the INVITE with
credentials, and that's passed back up to the UAS.

Aside from a different CSeq, these invites are the same. Would calling
dlg_manage() on both of them (which sets the profile count to 2) cause
them both to get deleted from the profile when the 407 challenge comes
back and is ACK'd? I would think not, since we call dlg_manage() again
when the INVITE with credentials is relayed.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC