[SR-Users] MSILO - dumped messages get duplicated

Marc M. proycon at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:38:40 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel!

I applied now the source ip check and it is working!

Thanks a lot!

regards

Marc

From: proycon at hotmail.com
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:38:32 +0000
Subject: [SR-Users] MSILO - dumped messages get duplicated

Hi,

I have a Kamailio 3.2 setup up and running.
Recently I configured msilo for offline message store. Essentialy the setup runs fine.

Messages to users without location info getting stored.
In case the user has location info, but cannot be reached, I made failover_route, so the messages getting stored in this case too.
Messages getting dumped at the next REGISTER.

However, I have a group of new mobile clients, with unstable connection.
It happens many times that they send a REGISTER, but the connection brakes afterwards.

It this case the message is getting dumped, but since it cannot be delivered, it runs on the failover_route which stores the message again.
However, the previous message is not removed from the db, so the same message is now twice in the db.
Next time the message either gets delivered in double, or in case of a new failure, it gets stored 2x2= four times.

I need to avoid this duplicates but still make sure the message get delivered sooner or later.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Here is my routing table:

thanks
Marc