[SR-Users] check for the number of open branches in Reply

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Wed Jun 4 11:49:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a scenario where I want to send a custom SIP package whenever a call
is successfully established or definitely missed. This works pretty well,
except when a user has multiple devices online.

I need to send exactly one packet. When initiating the call I set a flag,
in the reply route I check for that flag, and on the first 4xx or 2xx
response the packet gets sent out. After that I reset the flag, so no other
packet is generated for another response coming in.

Now when a user has two devices and rejects the call on the first one but
accepts it on the second, I see this call as missed, not answered. So I
need to use the first 2xx response or the last 4xx response. For that I
need to find out how many branches are open at the moment. But I'm missing
something. I registered two devices on the same AOR. I tried accessing
$branch(count) in the onreply route, but it is always 0. $br and $bR are
<null>.

Does anyone have an idea, how to get that information in the reply_route?

Best Regards,
Sebastian