[SR-Users] Unable to make calls within the extensions

Waite, Hugh hugh.waite at acision.com
Mon Jun 16 18:18:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I’m not a big Asterisk user so I may not be able to help much here.
To encourage a helpful response, please provide some information on what you are expecting to happen and not just what isn’t happening.

If you are expecting a second phone to ring, this is likely to be a signalling issue. You said that the clients are registered on Kamailio. Are they also registered on the Asterisk server? The second and third lines in your logs say “Subscriber Absent/Everyone is busy” which suggests they are not.
A network trace taken on the Kamailio or asterisk server will show if the REGISTER is being forwarded to Asterisk. Are there any errors logged when the REGISTER is processed by Asterisk which indicates a failure?

It looks like the system falls back to voicemail, so you are also expecting the Asterisk server to play media. This will be a separate media issue.
I have used rtpproxy (with the advertised address patch) in Amazon to bridge media between internet facing and private subnets in a VPC. This may or may not be necessary depending on whether the Asterisk server has a public IP address.

I found that I couldn’t use different advertised addresses depending on which direction the signalling was going on a single private IP address. I worked around this by allocating a second private ip address to the instance and used that in the ‘bridge’.
-A 54.86.X.X/10.0.1.15 –l 10.0.1.10/10.0.1.15

Hope that helps you get a bit further.

Hugh