[SR-Users] Groups in Kamailio vs Freeswitch

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:39:07 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 12/07/14 18:39, Peter Villeneuve wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm designing a new service for a client and I was wondering what your
> opinion is of the 2 options I'm considering to separate users on the
> server. Basically I want to create closed groups where each user can
> only call and receive calls from members of the same group (single
>  domain install).
> Initially I was thinking of just forwarding all the invites to FS and
> using the dialplan to enforce this segregation, but now I realize
> there is a groups module in kamailio too.
>
> Which 2 courses of action do people recommend? I'm more familiar with
> FS than Kamailio, so it would be easier for me to just forward
> everything to FS, although that will be more expensive and probably
> unnecessary if I could do it all in Kamailio with Siremis.
>
> Would kamailio's group module do the trick? Are there any tutorials
> out there I can follow?
Group module should do it -- you can use get_user_group() for the caller
and then check if callee is in the same group via is_user_in().

But it is not the only alternative in Kamailio -- I would add a new
column to subscriber table and load that via load_credentials from
auth_db module (which is done at authentication time), then check for
callee via sqlops.

If i need caching, either htable or mtree are good options, a matter of
user id (if it is digit only or any alphanumeric set of chars).