[SR-Users] Rtpengine vs. TURN?

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:49:30 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your input. Since I couldn't decide which one to use, I've been
experimenting with using both.
The problem with my mixed approach is that there are too many ICE
candidates created (I counted 10 in the last logs I looked at for one
call), real relay candidates (turn), and fake host candidates (rtpengine)
with different priorities which leads to all kinds of problems.

I think I'll stick to TURN since my clients have support for it. Still, I'd
like to keep using the NAT traversal (or more accurately NAT detection)
support of Kamailio, but I don't want rtpproxy-ng to add any ICE candidates
at all. The reason I need some NAT support in Kamailio is that although
most of my clients support ICE/STUN/TURN, others use Jitsi which has no
support for these protocols, and I need a way to connect to Jitsi clients
that register from behind NAT.

What's the best way to do this?

Cheers,
Peter