[SR-Users] Changes in registrar module source code

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 12:05:04 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 01/07/14 05:57, aawaise wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a user of kamailio server. I am in need to pick domain of particular
> online users from location list. I found out that usrloc module is used for
> Location Table items. And we cant directly export parameters from usrloc
> module. I decided to use registrar module to approach domain parameter of
> usrloc module.
> I want to understand complete flow control in registrar module source code,
> so that I can add my commands to pick domain parameter from usrloc module.
> How can it be done ?
sip registrar is implemented in usrloc and registrar modules. You need
to know/understand C code, then you have to look at the source code of
those modules. If there is something specific you don't understand
there, we can eventually help, just properly point what part is not clear.

> Secondly, if I make a change in registrar module, to see its reaction, I
> will have to recompile kamailio server or is there any shortcut to
> immediately see effect of changes made in registrar module ??
> Any help will be appreciated.
For any change in the source code you have to recompile, reinstall and
restart kamailio.