[SR-Users] [Kamailio-Business] Fosdem this year

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:10:06 CET 2014

o Daniel Pocock on 01/28/2014 07:48 PM:

> On 24/01/14 17:04, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> ok, since there were no other proposals so far, then let's join Jitsi at
>> Beermania and if there is need for more food, we will figure out
>> something on the fly.
>
> I might be able to come down there too
>
> It looks close enough to the center that there will be restaurants
> within walking distance
>
> Also, it would be great to have people from the Kamailio community come
> to the Lumicall talk on Sunday and try to stump the speaker with tough
> questions
>
> https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/lumicall_an_open_alternative_to_viber/
good idea :)

btw at the moment I'm working on a RedPhone-SIP gateway. Not that I'd
be super impressed with the RedPhone code in terms of signaling or
media handling, but it still seems to be one of the few open source
alternatives for encrypted VoIP that is actually used, not least
because it's actually usable and very simple.

Would you or anyone else here join up this weekend for a hacking
session on this? Once I really got the signaling working (currently
trying to extend microhttpd to act as http client), we could e.g.
debug RTP interop (codec/pt negotiation etc) and ZRTP interop.

In any case, looking forward to meet this weekend!

Best Regards
Stefan