[SR-Users] Replacing DR Module with Perl Script

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:24:13 CET 2014

Hello,

On 27/01/14 01:33, Nick Cameo wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are currently using the DR module for routing and failover, and
> would like to replace it with
> equivalent functionality using perl script. What we would like is to:
>
> * Order the gateways in a strict list given some constraints (Completed)
> * Build the RURI with the gateway IP, and prefix from the dr_gateways
> table (Similar to what do_routing does with the FROM tag and
> dr_gateways information)
> * Failover to the next gateway in strict order.
>

> I would really like to know what our options are, and the most
> graceful/scalable way of implementing
> this.

all you need is to put the most preferred gateway in the request uri and
the rest of the options in a list of avps. Then use failure route to
send to the addresses stored in avps in the case the most preferred
fails to answer.

Not a user of Perl API, but I think you have the methods to set values
to r-uri and avps.