[SR-Users] LCR help

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Fri Jan 24 00:14:32 CET 2014

On 01/22/2014 03:19 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Pete Ashdown writes:
>
>> 2) How do I populate the rest of the LCR database?  It appears that
>> using "kamctl lcr" has been depreciated.  Am I supposed to use Siremis?
>> Is there any way to do this via shell?  Does anyone have any scripts
>> that digest csv rate decks from trunkers into the db for creation and
>> update?
> you need to populate lcr tables manually unless you find a tool to
> do it for you.

Thank you Juha.  I'm muddling through this.  One thing that is puzzling
to me is that LCR entries are ranked by weight and priority, both
integers.  When I have a rate deck of costs like .003211 per minute per
prefix, translating thousands of those to integers between 0 & 255 seems
obtuse and inflexible.  I would presume that "least cost routing" would
have a column for "cost".  Am I seeing this wrong or using the wrong module?