[SR-Users] Non-authentication setup of Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 15:19:43 CET 2014

Hello,

not sure I really understood what you want to achieve, but
authentication by kamailio is done only if you call route(AUTH) for
requests (in case you based your config on default one) or, in other
words, the auth/auth_db functions.

But then, be aware of impacts in security. Be sure the authentication is
done by someone, being you or being the provider. For registrations, if
they are handled by kamailio, you have to keep doing authentication. So,
just use conditions like:

if(is_method("REGISTER")) {
    route(AUTH);
}

For rtp, if the clients are on the same network, then don't engage
rtpproxy, the audio should work. But if they are behind routers in the
same network, you may still need to do rtp relaying.