[SR-Users] Link Redundancy

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Jan 16 00:30:34 CET 2014

Hello,

Perhaps DNS SRV is what you are looking for? See
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record for more info.

Regards,

Charles
 On 15 Jan 2014 22:52, "Owais ul Haq" <owaisulhaq at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a kamailio server deployed along with an internet connection and
> database (on a seperate server than the kamailio server) obviously. Problem
> in my scenario is that my internet connection is not comfortably reliable
> and in my environment I just cant help myself in this regard.
> I want to get another internet connection with another public ip, attach
> another kamailio server (of same configurations as the first one) with it
> and then use the same database for both kamailio servers (join both
> kamailio servers to the same database server).
> So if one of my connections is down, calls can use other connection
> attached to other server (take the alternate path) and initialize through
> the second server.
> Now my questions are :
>
> a) How can I assign two ip's against one domain name ??
> b) How can calls be routed to second IP if kamailio server attached to
> first IP is not responding ??
> c) Is all this really possible ?? Or just a fruit less effort of my mind
> :(
>
> Cheers.

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.