[SR-Users] Link Redundancy

Owais ul Haq owaisulhaq at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 15 23:51:52 CET 2014

Hello,

I have a kamailio server deployed along with an internet connection and database (on a seperate server than the kamailio server) obviously. Problem in my scenario is that my internet connection is not comfortably reliable and in my environment I just cant help myself in this regard.
I want to get another internet connection with another public ip, attach another kamailio server (of same configurations as the first one) with it and then use the same database for both kamailio servers (join both kamailio servers to the same database server).
So if one of my connections is down, calls can use other connection attached to other server (take the alternate path) and initialize through the second server.
Now my questions are :

a) How can I assign two ip's against one domain name ??
b) How can calls be routed to second IP if kamailio server attached to first IP is not responding ??
c) Is all this really possible ?? Or just a fruit less effort of my mind :(

Cheers.