[SR-Users] Replacing an ACME Packet Net-Net SBC

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 28 16:15:55 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm not going to comment on the relative merits of commercial products
like Net-Net SBC and ABC SBC, as this is an open source focused list
(we may continue this on kamailio-business if interested; of course
I'd also have a few things to say e.g. regarding HA, DOS or interop,
and we are more than happy to take into account any suggestion on how
to improve the product).

But relevant to the open source community is that we (FRAFOS) are
building the ABC SBC on top of the open source SEMS SBC software, thus
a remarkable part of the tech lands finally in the open source
version, for example off the top of my head in the last months:
- registration caching, reg throttling
- multipe routing target options, DNS SRV improvements, failover,
blacklisting etc
- many multi interfaces/bridging/if force options
- RTP rate limits
- hold handling options
- tcp transport
- extended call control interface supporting switch/pbx style call
flows, with DSM scripting
- lots of performance improvements and tuning options

Granted, all this is only in git master, the 1.6 release has
unfortunately no yet materialized and some know-how, time and custom
development is necessary to use all of that. But still it's free and
open source: take it, use it, look at the source, modify it, build on it.

Enough ad of a different open source project (I hope this is OK
though, remembering that SEMS and SER have the same origins)...

Best Regards
Stefan

o Luis Silva on 02/28/2014 10:21 AM: