[SR-Users] Replacing an ACME Packet Net-Net SBC

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Feb 27 07:29:59 CET 2014

LCR has complex business rules and usually requires at least some third party integration or development. No howto for that, and more than there is a howto for developing a messenger and selling it to Facebook for $20bn.

Melanie Pietersen <melanie.pietersen.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>looking at this, is there some howto for setting up high-availability,
>LCR and route-by-route transcoding?
>
>Melanie
>
>On 2/20/14 7:12 PM, Carsten Bock wrote:
>> Hi Francesco,
>>
>> i would recommend, you look at the SEMS-project and it's SBC module.
>>>From the functionality perspective, i don't think you'll miss
>anything
>> compared to Acme Packet, latest trunk version even has a Registration
>> cache, which works absolutely great...
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Carsten

><fmm1982 at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to have some suggestions about a full replacement of an
>ACME Packet Net-Net Session Border Controller.
>>> By now, ACME SBC performs all the SBC functionalities, mainly:
>>>
>>> - it is used as a SIP endpoint for SIP client registrations
>>> - it is used as a SIP endpoint for interconnection to multiple SIP
>carriers via SIP trunks
>>> - it is used for NAT traversal
>>>
>>> In this deployment, the SIP Server communicates only with the SBC
>and this one takes care of the communication between the SIP Server and
>the external SIP entities (UA clients, SIP Trunks).
>>> In this scenario, can I consider to replace the SBC with Kamailio?

Sent from my mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a fully fledged keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106