[SR-Users] Replacing an ACME Packet Net-Net SBC

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Thu Feb 20 19:12:43 CET 2014

Hi Francesco,

i would recommend, you look at the SEMS-project and it's SBC module.
>From the functionality perspective, i don't think you'll miss anything
compared to Acme Packet, latest trunk version even has a Registration
cache, which works absolutely great...

Kind regards,
Carsten

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have some suggestions about a full replacement of an ACME Packet Net-Net Session Border Controller.
> By now, ACME SBC performs all the SBC functionalities, mainly:
>
> - it is used as a SIP endpoint for SIP client registrations
> - it is used as a SIP endpoint for interconnection to multiple SIP carriers via SIP trunks
> - it is used for NAT traversal
>
> In this deployment, the SIP Server communicates only with the SBC and this one takes care of the communication between the SIP Server and the external SIP entities (UA clients, SIP Trunks).
> In this scenario, can I consider to replace the SBC with Kamailio?

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/