[SR-Users] dialog module with DB Backend

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 05:08:39 CET 2014

Hi all, im using the dialog module with db_cassandra backend..
I dont believe this issue is related to cassandra, but its worth mentioning
anyways.

so... I run kamailio, make calls, see dialogs in the DB..
and I Can use "kamctl mi dlg_list" and see that dialogs go away when I
hangup a call..

When I query the DB Backend, I still see the queries, but they have a state
of 5.
I Initially thought this was a bug, but it seems dialogs in state 5 get
cleaned up after a period.
so I moved on.

now , lets restart kamailio..
kamailio loads all dialogs on startup, after kamailio starts I call "kamctl
mi dlg_list" again, and it shows all my dialogs from the DB.   they DO show
as "State 5"
but for some reason, these dialogs appear to stick around for a long time,
and the bigger issue it causes me is that my channel limiting (
using get_profile_size ) seems to consider these dialogs ( in state 5 ) as
being active calls.

Please someone point me in the right direction... :)

what am I doing wrong ?
( or is this a bug somewhere )

Sincerely

Jay