[SR-Users] What is required to enable TLS on non-standard port?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Sun Feb 16 01:34:58 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM, <info at vintageelectronics.ca> wrote:

>  Testing in the same box for now with the goal to at least get it working
> within one machine.
> Do you mean that TLS will not work with the cert/key shipped with kamailio?

I've never tried. A default key would not be very secure, but if you have a
valid certificate and key it should work.

> I am starting with debug=6 and log to stderr and getting neither output to
> /var/log/messages nor to console.

You should see a lot of messages from the tls module, such as

INFO: tls [tls_init.c:549]: init_tls_h(): tls: _init_tls_h:  compiled
with  openssl  version "OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013" off, compression: on

If you are not getting these, I would wonder if the TLS module is being
loaded at all. Are you getting any startup messages from Kamailio?

Corey