[SR-Users] dialog module - dialogs not deleted on BYE

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:24:01 CET 2014

I would imagine db_update_period is only for db_mode 2 .

In db_mode : 1
I the status does not seem to update at all on SIP BYE

with db_mode : 2
the status seems to update file, but the records dont delete..
and when I use " kamctl mi dlg_list "
I can see all dialogs have "ref_count:: 1"
even though the calls were ended long ago.

interesting enough, I can restart kamailio and it seems the records from
the DB
are loaded on startup, all of these are given ref_count : 1 also.

not sure how to fix this.

On 6 February 2014 14:48, Muhammad Shahzad <shaheryarkh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think its dependent on db_update_period parameter. So any changes
> happening to dialogs are likely not committed to db at max this time value.
>
> kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/dialog.html#idp125200
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM, jay binks <jaybinks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I have tracked this a little further with the "dlg_list" MI command..
>> and what Im finding is that the ref_count does not decrement lower than 1
>>
>> I guess ill have to start tearing apart my config to find what section
>> causes this, but any suggestions would be great !
>>

>> On 5 February 2014 21:54, jay binks <jaybinks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Im fairly use to the dialog module,
>>> and I can not seem to get the dialogs to be removed from the dialogs
>>> table on hangup ( BYE ).
>>>
>>> What am I missing here..
>>> this seems very basic and is essential to using dialog module for for
>>> channel limiting.
>>>
>>> any help would be great.
>>> maybe there is an example config for this somewhere ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sincerely
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>

>> --