[SR-Users] Change of source ip address

Wed Feb 5 18:47:47 CET 2014

I am a bit confused. I suspect with SBC you mean the Kamailio proxy?

On 05.02.2014 14:54, Diego Alejandro Ozuna Escalada wrote:

> When a UA sends an INVITE to the SBC, the responses (back) to UA are
> being sent with the correct external source IP (X.X.248.194) but if
> there are retransmissions of these responses, after 6 seconds, the
> source IP changes to the internal ip (X.X.248.21)

Are you sure it is a retransmission, or maybe it is a new branch of an
existing transaction, e.g. triggered by a failure route? You can differ
them by different branch id in the topmost Via header (carefully check
the last character). If it is really due to a new branch created in a
failure route, make sure to force the send socket also in the failure route.

PS: If you have a nice working IP setup, e.g. one external interface
(used by the default route) and one internal interface (a different
subnet, dedicated routes for the internal network) then you could just
set mhomed=1 in kamailio.cfg and Kamailio can automatically always
select the correct send-socket.

regards
Klaus