[SR-Users] Kamailio behind DSL router

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 3 02:31:30 CET 2014

On 02/02/2014 08:29 PM, Muhammad Shahzad wrote:

> Yes, I can either move to static IP for router OR bind kamailio with
> ddclient, so that whenever ddclient reports an IP change i restart
> kamailio with new advertised_address. But these are out of the box
> solutions. I wonder if we have any "in-the-box" solution. :-)

Not that I know of. STUN and the like are client-side constructs,
designed to be used by UACs, which Kamailio is not. A proxy does not
endogenously originate messages (at least, formally), only receives and
relays them, so the thinking is that other SIP elements should know how
to reach the proxy, not that the proxy should be telling them how to
reach it. Putting Kamailio behind consumer-grade DNAT inverts the
envisaged client-server model.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC