[SR-Users] The "Subscriber" table VS the "Location" table ?!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Dec 20 08:15:51 CET 2014

On 19 Dec 2014, at 23:35, Mahmoud Ramadan Ali <cisco.and.more.blog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dears,
> I'm a little bit confused about the difference between the "Subscriber" table and the "Location" table.I read that the "Location" table is used for persistent user registration BUT i did NOT configured the "Location" table and can get persistent user registration with the "Subscriber" table !
> So can anyone explain the difference please ?

The subscriber table is for AUTHENTICATION. It's not for registrations specifically, as you can authenticate anything but CANCEL.

The location table is by default kept in memory. When you reboot Kamailio it's gone. If you add a database we can store registrations there in many different ways - as a backup of in-memory data, instead of in-memory or in sync with in-memory.

It's two very different tables.

/O