[SR-Users] Noob hoping for guidance

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:36:39 CET 2014

Hello,

On 02/12/14 17:51, john at millican.us wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been googling for a simple (as simple as it can be knowing the
> complexity of Kamailio) for a "how to/step bey step/do this dummy" type of
> guide to get Kamailio registered with a sip provider I already have, and
> register one end point to kamailio that can use that provider.  Nothing
> fancy or involved just the absolute basics. Does this exist and if so can
> you please point me to it?
actually using kamailio to register to a provider is not a common
scenario for a proxy.

The point to start is uac module, which can do registration to another
server:
- http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/uac.html#idp17335704

Then, to authenticate the INVITE requests you have to use uac_auth()
from same module within a failure route, see:
-
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_reg_request_to(user,
mode)

If your provider is strict with CSeq checking, you have to load dialog
module, track dialogs and enable tracking CSeq diff to for them.

Use latest kamailio 4.2.x to have all these features.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla