[SR-Users] gruu within dialog

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:05:54 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm having some issues treating requests within dialogs with gruu enabled
with kamailio 4.1.2.

I've got the "standard" configuration of WITHIN route with the adition of
the next lines:

                        if(is_gruu()){
                                route(LOCATION);
                        };

before the the RELAY route call in the loose_route section.

The "problem" is that the ACK with a pub-gruu on the Req-URI is not
properly lookup. In the logs I can see the following statements:
 2(4232) DEBUG: registrar [lookup.c:123]: lookup(): looking up pub gruu
[urn:uuid:d63b1c4f-d7dc-4f4e-87f1-948123266dc0]
 2(4232) DEBUG: registrar [lookup.c:158]: lookup(): 'sam at A.B.C.D' Not found
in usrloc

Where A.B.C.D is the local IP of the UA.

Looking at the code, this last line looks like is looking for the
"standard" URI (username at domain) instead of using the pub gruu. Am I right
with this assumption or am I missing something from the code?
As far as I could look, it looks like there's an exit -1 statement in the
line 158 of lookup.c which disables the following gruu treatment.

Since the username with IP is not registered, this ACK is lost and the
sesion is not stablished (lost ACK).

Can anyone provide some hints why is this failing?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Samuel.