[SR-Users] Can anyone Help with RTP Proxy Recording

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Sat Apr 26 02:37:12 CEST 2014

Hi Sam,

There are two ways to decode I know about:

1. Dump in ad-hoc format, decode with extractaudio tool, which is still
work-in-progress, so we have not really released it yet. Latest code is
available here http://bitbucket.org/sippysoft/rtpproxy/. Subdir
"extractaudio". It might not even compile out of the box, but that could be
easily fixed

2. Dump in the pcap format (rtpproxy has an option for that), and fiddle
around with the wireshark and friends. It has pretty decent rtp decoder, I
am not sure if you can script it though.

The caller/callee info can be passed through file name using AVPs, or some
side channel and linked to file name by call-id.