[SR-Users] sql_xquery() and xavp checks

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Apr 5 17:45:13 CEST 2014

On 04/05/2014 11:42 AM, Fred Posner wrote:

> When I use xquery, I generally use it with a stored procedure that
> returns a value if not matched... so I always return at least one row
> with a variable of 'fail', -1, etc. to evaluate.

I actually do that too in many cases, but only because I often need to
pass back additional data about what went wrong (for logging) if no row
was found, so returning a row regardless, with a status column (with a
value like -1) and hijacking another column for some kind of
human-readable explanation.

> I like this for a variety of reasons (ie changing sql without changing
> the config)... but that being said...
>
> Wouldn't this still work for you:
>
> if($dbr(gateways=>rows)>0) { }

I don't think so. As I understood the documentation, at least, $dbr
doesn't get populated in this case; the rows just go straight to an xavp
list. I suppose I should verify that.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC