[SR-Users] when dialing another extension, instead of ringing for 30 sec, vmail kicks in right away

mark li limark67 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 14:31:43 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Just to clarify.  i wasn't complaining.  It's just a question I was asking because I didn't know how to fix the problem. I apologize if my "tone" sounded like a complaint, but I've reviewed my email and I can't see why you would construe my message in that way... If there's something specific, please let me know and I will try to avoid it in the future.

In any case, Idid review all the errors that appeared before emailing the list but had a hard time understanding what exactly the problem was.
For example,  one of the errors that repeatedly comes up is
Apr  3 08:06:43 jl-raspberrypi /usr/sbin/kamailio[19942]: ERROR: *** cfgtrace: c=[/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg] l=475 a=5 n=route
Line 475 simply calls "route[NATDETECT];" which exists, and I believe is a part of the default cfg file that comes out of the box.
or ..
Apr  3 08:06:43 jl-raspberrypi /usr/sbin/kamailio[19942]: ERROR: *** cfgtrace: c=[/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg] l=478 a=25 n=is_method

Again, that's a line that was there with the default config and looks like:
if (is_method("INVITE|SUBSCRIBE"))

Because I'm not sure why the system is flagging all these lines as errors, I've decided to just include my own debug statements to follow the call through and see what route it is following. I've also been using wireshark to capture tcpdumps on port 5060 to get a better understanding of what's going on between freeswitch and kamailio.
I will try to find and review and errors specifically having to do with INVITES to see if it puts me on the right track.

thanks