[SR-Users] db_mysql module on different interface

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 11:31:02 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 9/21/13 5:09 PM, Samuel Ware wrote:
> I am setting up my kamailio and mysql server on separate machines.  They are connected via a private network on the eth1.  The public interfaces are on eth0.  I can use the mysql client to log in the mysql server via the private network but kamailio will not connect.  If I change the mysql to communicate on the public network it works (where the sip messaging and mysql are on the same interface).  Is there a setting or something that I have to change so the sip messaging and mysql can be on different interfaces.
maybe there is an option in my.cnf for the client. The API in
libmysqlclient is asking only for server address. IIRC, the command line
tool 'mysql' added --bind-address option only in very late versions, 5.6
or so.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -