[SR-Users] unregister user when kamailio looses TCP connection.

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Sep 24 13:13:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

you could use for example RFC3680 ("A Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) Event Package for Registrations") to synchronize the information
about the connection status between the edge- and the core-proxy. This
is the way it is done in IMS for information about the signalling
status (Diameter/Rx).

Just my $0.02,
Carsten

2013/9/24 Andreas Granig <agranig at sipwise.com>:
> Hi Vitaliy,
>
> On 09/24/2013 12:45 AM, Vitaliy Aleksandrov wrote:
>>>
>>> The patch only handles the case where a tcp connection is directly
>>> made to the registrar, as no event route is fired, right?
>>
>> You are right. Current version works only when registrar accepts tcp
>> connections.
>> Anyway it's a good idea to call event_route[] when kamailio looses a tcp
>> connection to give user a chance to process it somehow.
>>
>> On the one hand it's great when experienced user can achieve what he
>> wants by different ways depending on the situation, but on the other it
>> makes a mess for new kamailio users.
>

> I think the implementation is fine for "normal" use cases where you just
> have one combined registrar/proxy, which is probably what new kamailio users
> are starting with.
>
> The reason I'd love to see an event-route is to handle cases for scaled
> architectures, where you have load-balancers/edge-servers accepting tcp/tls
> connections from clients and forward them to a back-end farm of
> registrars/proxies e.g. via udp.
>
> The implementation of that event-route would be completely independent of
> the current solution anyways, because it won't hook up with usrloc (on the
> edge proxies there is usually no usrloc loaded), rather than having the code
> somewhere in the core and just firing an event-route, where the system
> developer can do arbitrary actions (like creating a custom sip message to be
> sent to the back-end servers, which triggers an unregister there). Honestly
> I have no clue yet as of how to actually do that. Firing the event-route
> would be the rather easy part I guess, but do we have all the information
> needed to do an unregister on the back-end registrar? Probably the only info
> we have is the source ip/port/proto of the disconnected client, so we'd need
> some logic in the registrar/usrloc module on the back-end registrar to match
> a location entry with that info somehow.
>
> I'm just throwing in some thoughs on that topic for further discussions, so
> no clear idea how to accomplish that from my side.
>
> Andreas

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/