[SR-Users] Authentication and outbound proxy

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 18 07:47:55 CEST 2013

17 sep 2013 kl. 23:04 skrev Steve Davies <steve-lists-srusers at connection-telecom.com>:

> On 17 September 2013 21:59, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
> In theory a SIP request can have multiple proxy authentications and one www authentication. In practise very few phones support it.
>
> Interesting that in my testing / experiments I saw Bria do this correctly.  I had both Kamailio and my final destination authenticate Bria's invite.  I used different realms and Bria dutifully answered both and offered the final invite with both authentications included.
In Asterisk I have implemented realm-based authentication so that we can pick a set of credentials based on the realm in the challenge.
Can Bria have one set of credentials for the outbound proxy and one for the end service in different realms?

> I did wonder whether other clients were likely to do it right.  (And I did "fix" the double authentication in the meantime)
Early SNOM firmware did this right, but they have removed it since.

/O