[SR-Users] Kamailio's XMPP issue

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Sat Sep 7 13:18:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

Not familiar with the specific module but it looks like a more general DNS
issue - do you have the correct DNS server(s) configured in resolv.conf?
Are you able to resolve other hostnames?

Regards,

Charles
On 7 Sep 2013 11:56, "Nandini madhu" <sermj2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am working on XMPP module of kamailio server, but i stucked with some
> Integration error.
> Firstly my Kamailio and Jabberd servers are on the same machine. I
> managed to separately make them work. Call setup between SIP clients
> is working and so with messaging/presence, File transfer functions for
> Jabberd
> clients.
> But the problem is when trying to integrate this jabberd2 server with my
> kamailio server by setting XMPP module in kamailio's configuration file,
> SIP server is starting as usually but syslog gives the following error :
>
> Aug 28 19:45:14 kamailio /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[
> 19648]: ERROR: xmpp [network.c:110]: net_connect(): resolving
> xmpp.example.com failed (Unknown host).
>
> what could be the problem ? please help me in resolving this issue ?
>
> PS: My task is to achieve 'File transfer' feature between SIP and XMPP
> clients (also between two SIP clients). so with this regards can you give
> me any hints or links to accomplish this.
>
> Any help will greatly appreciate.
>
> Regards,
> Nandini

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.