[SR-Users] Kamailio's XMPP issue

Nandini madhu sermj2012 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 12:55:55 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I am working on XMPP module of kamailio server, but i stucked with some
Integration error.
Firstly my Kamailio and Jabberd servers are on the same machine. I
managed to separately make them work. Call setup between SIP clients
is working and so with messaging/presence, File transfer functions for
Jabberd
clients.
But the problem is when trying to integrate this jabberd2 server with my
kamailio server by setting XMPP module in kamailio's configuration file,
SIP server is starting as usually but syslog gives the following error :

Aug 28 19:45:14 kamailio /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[
19648]: ERROR: xmpp [network.c:110]: net_connect(): resolving
xmpp.example.com failed (Unknown host).

what could be the problem ? please help me in resolving this issue ?

PS: My task is to achieve 'File transfer' feature between SIP and XMPP
clients (also between two SIP clients). so with this regards can you give
me any hints or links to accomplish this.

Any help will greatly appreciate.

Regards,
Nandini