[SR-Users] Pickup group implementation in Kamailio

John Murray john.murray at skyracktelecom.com
Wed Oct 23 11:52:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am also looking for a 'group pickup' function with Kamailio.

Once I have the information on the call I want to get how would I 'grab' the
call.

My calls are being processed with the tm module.

I imagine I send an INVITE with the 'replaces' header but what Kamailio
module would process that and what would the config look like?

Many thanks

John

>  Hello,

> this is a custom implementation, only for phones that have programmable

> buttons. It is not really recommended way to do it.

> Better rely on standard specs out there and use presence extensions for

> such feature -- in kamailio you would need to use modules such as dialog,

> presence, pua, presence_dialoginfo and pua_dialoginfo.

> Cheers,

> Daniel

> On 5/14/12 1:15 AM, M.C. wrote:

> Hi all,

> I want to implement a "group pickup" (asterisk like) with Kamailio and

> Snom phones.

> I found in the changelog this comment:

> "- an useful application - call pickup:

>  - INVITE comes in, callee is in a pickup group

>  - store callid, cseq, etc in database or notify the other phones in

>         the group (easy to do for snom phones and extra programmable

>         buttons) via uac_req_send()

>       - send a remote control command telling which call to pickup

>         (callid, cseq) and where to redirect. In config, call

>         t_cancel_callid(). in failure route for INVITE catch the cancelled

>         transaction (flag is set), get the new destination (e.g., stored
in

>         htable) and forward the invite there""

> regarding new functions in tmx module, but I have found no examples in
kamailio documentation.