[SR-Users] XMPP- component mode

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:52:16 CEST 2013

Hello,

xmpp module is only for instant messaging and parts of the sip-xmpp
presence gateway.

File transfer doesn't work between sip and xmpp.

If you want files transfer between two sip clients, they need to
implement MSRP and you have to use the msrp module from kamailio - see
its readme for more details about configuring it.

On 10/19/13 8:35 AM, Wingsravi R wrote:
> Anybody there to help.
> I really want somebody to see this. please spare some time on this and
> give  me some suggestions.
>
> Any help will meant a lot.
>
> Regards,
>

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Wingsravi R <wingsravi777 at gmail.com
> <mailto:wingsravi777 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Kamailio community,
>
>     I am working around with Kamailio (V 4.0.3), its XMPP module-
>     component mode and jabbed2 server, intended to get file transfer
>     feature between two SIP clients. In a way while surfing through
>     the blogs i got some info like this:
>
>     'In component mode, a sub domain is diverted to respective
>     component,so  you don't need users in XMPP sever'.
>     (http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2010-August/065209.html).
>
>     With this my question is: what does it mean ?
>
>     Is it mean like i dont need to register xmpp clients to
>     jabbedd2(xmpp) server ? If this is the case, How can i use my SIP
>     users (registered to kamailio server) in jabberd2 server context ?
>
>     Even XMPP module's man page doesn't give clarity about these
>     questions.
>
>     Any help will greatly appreciate.
>
>     Regards,
>     Ravi

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -