[SR-Users] Phones losing registration.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 18:14:38 CEST 2013

Hello,

first you should clarify what you mean by "phones are losing
registration". Do they indicate are not registered?

I suggest few things:
- add a xlog message at beginning of the request_route block to log
method, callid, from, to, r-uri and source ip
- when the phones are not registered check the logs to see if there was
a message related to register requests from that phone

You should also log the sip traffic, you can use ngrep to save it in a
file, so you can look in more details if needed.

Some phones have also good troubleshooting options, at least snom phone
give a log and the sip trace via web interface. If you have one, use it
to see what it is reporting.

I guess you checked the syslog file for error messages. If it is
something that makes kamailio not working properly, you should see it there.

On 10/1/13 5:41 PM, arun Jayaprakash wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running into a problem with my set up. I have Kamailio 4.0 set up
> with an Asterisk server (ARA). Initially I had three machines; one for
> Kamailio, one for Asterisk and one for my db. The set up worked fine
> for about a week after which I saw that my phones were losing
> registration for prolonged periods and then would re-register after a
> few hours. So what I did was to move Asterisk and Kamailio on the same
> server and only had my DB on a separate machine. All worked well for
> about a week and now I am facing the same issue.  At any given time
> all my services ( kamailio, Asterisk, RTPproxy) are all running. My
> question is where and how do I start to trouble shoot this issue? I
> have not really done any debugging in the past so I would appreciate
> any pointers as to where to start? Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Arun

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -