[SR-Users] Kamailio stability/timing problem w.r.t. registrations?

Sotas Development sotasdev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:16:35 CET 2013

Hi,

In the mean time we have gathered more information on this problem:

As given below, kamailio stops grabbing UDP SIP messages (SIP
registrations) after running a while on an embedded ARM and PPC platform
(which runs linux 2.6.33 kernel). Some times the hangup occures within
hours and some times after couple of days running.

NETSTAT OUTPUT:
root# netstat -pl | grep kam
udp   1047968      0 (null):sip
(null):*                            8416/kamailio
raw        0      0 (null):255              (null):*
255         8416/kamailio
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     755205
8429/kamailio       /tmp/kamailio_ctl

Kamailio is started with the following options = -m 4 -n 3 -f <cfg> -D

Other relevant info:
- When Kamailio hangs, I also noticed that the flag "inuse_transactions"
has always the value of '1'. Readout with "kamctl monitor".
- A simple cat to /proc/<kamailio_pid>/wchan gives us the function:
futex_wait_queue_me.
- All possible polling methods are used with -W parameter (sigio_rt, poll,
select etc) during these tests. Non of these options did solve this
problem.
I hope the additional info will clarify more. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Orhan Yilmaz