[SR-Users] Mitigation of unavailable rtpproxy

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 6 14:58:13 CET 2013

On 11/06/2013 08:45 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> there are some parameters to control the timeout+retries for waiting a
> reply from rtpproxy:
>
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/rtpproxy.html#idp15243344
>
> Looking it the code, it seems the value for timeout parameter is sec,
> but could be easily made miliseconds, because the function used inside
> is poll() which takes timeout as milisec.

Thank you, Daniel.

1. So, am I right to assume that the unforce_rtp_proxy() call waits for
timeout and blocks the worker while doing so?

2. Is there any harm in calling unforce_rtp_proxy() for Call-IDs
rtpproxy doesn't know about?  is there a 'better' best practice for
handling CANCELs where it is unknown whether rtpproxy was engaged on the
initial call (because it is an option, nat_uac_detect, etc)?

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC