[SR-Users] using timer in kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 20:20:34 CET 2013

Hello,

a note: make a new email when having a new topic, because you get into
old email discussion thread when you reply, even when you change the
subject.

If you want to control better the timer, then you have to use lower
functions, such as timer_init(), timer_add() ... see the content of
register_timer().

That might get complex, an alternative can be have a global variable (in
shared memory) that you can use to control of the timer function is
executed or not, with an IF condition at the beginning of the timer
function.

On 10/31/13 1:14 PM, Karimi-Cherkandi, Bizhan wrote:

> I am currently using register_timer() to register one of ,my timers.
> Any idea how I would delete this timer later? I noticed that
> register_timer is new, the functions timer_del() and timer_free() are
> old and expect 'struct timer_ln *'  which I do not have (this is not
> used in register_timer())
>
> thanks

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -