[SR-Users] Alias table

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 27 12:08:26 CEST 2013

27 maj 2013 kl. 11:58 skrev Moacir Ferreira <moacirferreira at hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> For the first time I need to setup na alias in Kamailio. I.e.: I would like to have the phone number1000 at my_domain.com also being able to be called as bob at my_domain.com. However I took a look at the Kamailio alias table and I found a lot of other fields.
>

> Question: can anyone tell me the usage of such table (why so many fileds)? Am I looking into the right table to achieve what I want?

For simplicity, the table is the same as the location table - we use the same functions, the same module.
For aliases, not many fields are used though - the address and the alias in the contact field. Remember to make sure you set the timestamp to a date in the future.

You can also use db_alias that may be easier, but doesn't cache in ram like the usrloc-managed aliases.

/O