[SR-Users] home pbx server experience

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed May 15 22:47:03 CEST 2013

The biggest issue with using a SIP proxy as a PBX is performing
authentication on outgoing calls to carriers.
I use asterisk front-end-ed by the proxy.  Like this, I can provision
authentication credentials on asterisk and route the call from
asterisk to carrier through the proxy.
I don't like the idea of running the proxy on the router (if I change
the router or the firmware on the router I need to do more work) and
therefor I run the proxy and the asterisk on two small arm boxes and I
route calls between them.  I register the subscribers on the proxy and
I route through asterisk only when I need to.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com