[SR-Users] home pbx server experience

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 20:17:54 CEST 2013

Same problem here... I like Kamailio for the same reasons you posted. However, the UAC module is not for "dummies" like I am and also CSeq does not increased during authentication (http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html), so the response 				may be rejected.

I did a try on SEMS (http://www.iptel.org/sems). Although it looks easy to setup, it takes a while before we get the software "working logic". But I haven't having that much time to play with it so it may be my fault.

I would be more than glad to work together (cooperate) with anyone willing to figure out an easy way to get a light, but still full UAC, working with Kamailio, were we would not be looking to setup a system to address 100.000 subscribers but home offices/small business. But it is more like that many people prefer Asterisk for this. And the main question is: Should we follow the trend and work with Asterisk? How much does Asterisk, being used as just a UAC, impact a small PC when running along with Kamailio? And yes, my key concern is not only voice but also video, what is a kind of cumbersome in Asterisk.

Cheers!

Moacir