[SR-Users] 4.0 forking behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:54:59 CEST 2013

On 5/13/13 4:47 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 10:45 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> append_branch() is not needed anymore (for couple of releases, actually,
>> being added in one of the 3.x releases), but should be harmless unless
>> you do other changes of r-uri/dst-uri after append_branch(). Can you try
>> without append branch?
>
> Oh.  Well, that was news to me.  I guess I missed this.  So, now when
> t_relay() is called from failure route it automatically appends a new
> branch as necessary?
Yes, if the r-uri is changed in failure route, a new branch is created
by t_relay() without need of using explicitly append_branch().

But again, using append_branch() once before t_relay() there should do
nothing (backward compatible behavior). Unless some new code changed
that behavior -- iirc, append_branch() was affected by some outbound code.

> Given this knowledge, I find it likely that branches are being
> automatically appended by the proxy and then additionally appended
> manually.  I'll look into it from this angle.  Thank you!

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *