[SR-Users] Kamailio for Debian blog?

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon May 13 11:49:55 CEST 2013

On 13/05/13 08:56, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> For TURN, has anybody tried the TURN server project from Google code?
> It appears more advanced than the existing two TURN servers in Debian
> (e.g. it has database-backed authentication)
> http://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/
I have used this TURN Server.  I have made some RPMs of it too (.spec
and .patch (patch contains init.d scripts etc)) are attached.

The TURN Server itself seems to work well, though I think there are some
bugs relating to configuration file parsing (I have had problems with DB
configuration strings in the file that work fine on the command line).

The good thing about this server is the support for ephemeral
credentials (if you create a web-service to generate them).  This is a
necessity for WebRTC as the alternative is often to embed the TURN
credentials in the Javascript.

Regards,

Peter