[SR-Users] Handling of CANCEL in case of no matching INVITE

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri May 3 23:50:25 CEST 2013

On 5/3/13 2:59 PM, Vassilis Radis wrote:
> Yes, I used the term proxy to include statefullness and dialog awareness, which makes me think: What is the point of being transaction-aware without being
> dialog-aware? I am trying to find a use for it, but I cant.

Things are simpler: restartig transaction-stateful causes less harm than
restarting dialog-stateful, unless you care of replication/failover/etc....
You will also achieve better performance with transactions than with
dialogs & transactions. That's a non-academic aspect especially for
public services like iptel.org -- unsolicited traffic hits as first
memory limitations and therefore you better use memory conservatively.

-jiri