[SR-Users] Handling of CANCEL in case of no matching INVITE

Fri May 3 15:49:19 CEST 2013

On 03.05.2013 11:59, Vassilis Radis wrote:
> Thank you jiri,
>
> I totally agree, but I have a question that occured to me now and I cant
> find answer:
>
> If Kamailio receives a CANCEL from a UAC after kamailio has responded
> with a 200 to the corresponding INVITE, what does t_relay_cancel() do in
> the following 2 cases:

Actually I do not know how t_relay_cancel() behaves in your scenarios,
but: If a proxy receives a CANCEL for a transaction which was already
replied with a final response, it doesn't matter how the CANCEL is
processed.

The proxy forwards the final INVITE-response to the UAC, and the UAC has
an established dialog (regardless if the UAC already sent a CANCEL, BYE
or whatever). Also the response code of the CANCEL is irrelevant - the
dialog is established and the UAC has to handle it.

regards
Klaus