[SR-Users] Doing automatic unregister when a WEBSOCKET connection is closed.

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri May 3 16:24:28 CEST 2013

On 03/05/13 14:48, ???? ????? wrote:
> I've tried to implement the first method you've stated. it seems ok
> but i've found a more fundamental problem:
> The event_route[websocket:closed] is called only when i teminate the
> sip stack in my browser, but if i  close the browser, without  a
> "regular disconnect" then the w_ebsocket:closed event is not
> triggered_. (and this is my main target for the question)
> *how can i make it trigger ?*

The websocket:closed event will be triggered when Kamailio next tries to
send a WebSocket ping.  Whether Kamailio does this at all (and how
frequently it does it) depends entirely on how you've configured the
WebSocket module.

> p.s: about the outbound,path method, *is it a stable feature and
> bug-free ?* I see the default configuration is still using the
> nathelper hack instead of it.

I am using outbound in my deployments now.  It is only available in
Kamailio Git master.  If stable and bug-free is an absolute requirement
that you have then I strongly suggest you consider not using any SIP
over WebSocket implementation that exists anywhere. This is brand-new
technology and you are on the bleeding edge by using it.  I would rate
the stability of the Kamailio implementation against anything else you
can find and I have no stability issues with it - but I strongly
recommend you testing it thoroughly yourself and contributing
bug-reports and fixes.

Regards,

Peter