[SR-Users] extra_id_pv parameter

Fri May 3 16:04:27 CEST 2013

Hi!

Disclaimer: I never used the 'b' parameter. comments inside

On 03.05.2013 15:44, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> Hi All again,
>
> Somebody can help me about my doubts? I can't get understanding how set
> extra_id_pv parameter of the rtpproxy module... The documentation show
> the bellow line:
>
> modparam("rtpproxy", "extra_id_pv", "$avp(extra_id)")
>
> What means value "$avp(extra_id)"? I don't understand how set correctly
> a value to extra_id_pv parameter, maybe because I can't get
> understanding the meaning of "$avp(extra_id)".
>
> Best Regards
>

> 2013/4/30 Bruno Bresciani <bruno.bresciani at gmail.com
> <mailto:bruno.bresciani at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I need forking a call to multiple destinations in paralel on
>     different network segments, requiring different rtpproxy parameters.
>     Reading the rtpproxy module documentation I discovered that is
>     possible by setting the "b" parameter on rtpproxy_manage(),
>     rtpproxy_offer(), rtpproxy_answer() and rtpproxy_destroy()
>     functions, but I'm with some doubts...

1. I guess you have to call in rtpproxy_manage in branch_route, to
process every branch separately

2. You need a unique identifier for every branch, e.g. increase a
global/transaction variable every branch_route exectution, or use
another unique id, e.g.: $ru$du

3. I guess it should be used this way, eg:
branch_route[1] {
	$avp(extra_id)="$ru$du"; # should be unique
	rtpproxy_manage("b");
}

>     I can't understanding how set the extra_id_pv parameter correctly to
>     use when the "b" parameter is used.
>
>     The "b" parameter is supported on rtpproxy version 1.2.1?

I think (I may be wrong) this is transparent to rtpproxy. Usually the
call-id is used as unique id. But as multiple branches have the same
call-id, you have to extend the callid with some other unique ID. Thus,
there is not support needed on rtpproxy side.

regards
Klaus