[SR-Users] Kamailio 3.x and Asterisk Realtime Integration plus dispatcher

Aldo Antignano aldo at antignano.it
Wed May 1 03:14:00 CEST 2013

> Sorry, yeah. you should probably ignore that part :-) The same dispatcher
>deals with client connections from the "public" network as well as inbound

Ok thanks, it's clear now. :)

>> In the REGFWD route you send all the registrations to ALL the Asterisks?
>> If so, why?

> By sending the registration to all the available Asterisk servers then they
> all know  where each SIP client can be located. If a call comes in from the
> PSTN or from a SIP client Kamailio can just be sent it to any of the *
> servers and it will find the registered client. This will work even with
> multiple load balancers/dispatchers using DNS SRV.

In this way should be an option to keep registration in Kamailio only,
let Asterisk do its specific job, and configure Asterisk to accept all calls
coming from Kamailio as authorized calls by its IP?

> In this scenario Kamailio is mainly acting as a load balancer, topology
> hider and security/anti-flood front-end to create a scalable and redundant
> Asterisk PBX system. Really depends what you are after.

These are exactly my goals and was trying to understand which is the best way to achieve this.
Any suggestion is welcome, thanks.

Anty

Message: 3